Monday, May 10, 2010

REJOICE IN HOPE; HOPE DOES NOT DISAPPOINT US

Got the police report this morning.  Unfortunately, there were items incorrectly stated in the report.  For example it stated that my bike lights were off during the accident; I failed to stop before crossing; and that I was the one who hit the car.  To date, the case officer and I haven't had a chance to talk about the situation.  So it surprised me to read those statements in the police report.  As the person involved in the accident, I felt like it's very one-sided.


If you've been following my updates from the time of accident, you have testified how God has blessed me with a speedy physical recovery.  Something I constantly give thanks to God.  However, mentally .. I must say that this accident has caused me and Marcel a lot of turmoil.  Dealing with the police, her claim adjuster, and lawyers really take the toll on both of us.  My co-workers even joked, "I think you became sick because of these people - not because of the accident."


I stopped to ponder when I got back to the office this morning, "So, is the mental turmoil really necessary?"  


Three weeks ago at my Small Group, we studied Butterfly Metamorphosis.  When the butterfly cracks open the chrysalis, its wings are tiny, crumpled, and wet.  It's extremely vulnerable to predators because of its inability to fly.  An hour after emerging, the wings are full-sized, dried, and ready for flying.  That concludes the development cycle of a butterfly.  What if we (human) interfere the cycle by helping to open that chrysalis for the butterfly?  Then its wings will never grow strong; and that it will die soon after emerging.


After pondering on this illustration, I came to accepting that the turmoil is necessary for me.  I am a butterfly in the making.  God is transforming me from the inside out - not too fast and not too slow - allowing me to mature in each step.  And the turmoil is part of my character building.


As for the police report, we're going to ask the police officer for some clarification.  Not sure how much longer to getting this done, what the outcome will be and what is next.  So if you would join me in praying the following verses for me, that will be greatly appreciated.  By the way, these verses arrived in my Inbox as I was pondering about the situation this afternoon; were sent to me by Theo - the gentleman I met at the hospital the day after my accident.  I knew God sent him as my deliverance.  And today, he reminded me of the great hope I have in God.


Romans 5:1-5

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.  And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.  Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.


May this be a blessing!

No comments: