Sunday, April 18, 2010

TIP: CLEAN ALMOST-EMPTY LOTION DISPENSER

Have you ever felt like you wasted the last pumps of your lotion and wished that the dispenser would pump it out for you (but it didn't)?  I have.  

Before, I used to turn the dispenser upside down.  But oh boy, I always created a little bit of a mess each time I wanted to put the lid back because all the remaining lotion just wanted to get out of that opening.

Last December, I visited my best friend Evelyn in Indiana.  And she taught me the following alternative to use up your lotion until not even a drop left.  :-)

1) Get your lotion dispenser ready.  Then, throw away the "straw" from the dispenser's pump.  Seriously, you don't need the "straw" anymore.
 

 2) Use a scissor or knife to cut the container into 2 parts.  I recommend leaving a tiny section attached and not cut all the way through.  
 

3) This new opening allows you to put your fingers to scoop the remaining lotions from the inside easily.  :-)
   
4) With the tiny section still attached, you can put the 2 parts together again to avoid the remaining lotion from getting dry.
   
Before you know it, you wasted none of it.  :-) 

May you find this helpful!

No comments: