Friday, March 26, 2010

SCENE 4: WITH MARCEL AT ER

Previous scene

Doctor Mathieson told me that I was free to go home.  I guess it didn't dawn on me yet how truly blessed my situation was until seeing Marcel coming into the room.  The moment I saw his panic face, I thought, "Wow, it could have been worse.  I could have been unable to see him right now."  

After the doctor had left the room, Marcel gave me the biggest and tightest hug, "I'm glad you're coming home with me."

At that moment, I invited him to say grace with me.  We prayed our thanksgiving prayer as tears were flowing from our eyes.  I couldn't have asked for a better outcome than this.

We then took care of the administration.  We were assisted by Donna - the bubbliest Admin lady I saw in the hospital that night.  She saw me when the paramedics took me to Room #27.  As I made my way out, she said, "You don't belong in this hospital.  I'm glad you're going home tonight.  You're the healthiest patient I see tonight who were brought in in bed but leaving walking."

With the smile on our faces, Marcel and I made our way home.


To close this blog entry, I just want to give a shout out on how grateful I was to be walking and seeing Marcel again.

Stay tuned for the next scene.  More to come.

May this be a blessing! 

Next scene

No comments: