Friday, February 05, 2010

THE POWER OF WORDS

I wrote yesterday about God rebuked me when I said stuff out of my doubt and frustration.  Though I accomplished my goal to make my fellow servant persevere the situation, I didn't do it in a loving and encouraging way.  I would have put my fellow servant in a torturing 2010!  Those words I said must have caused my fellow servant a nightmare (even though my fellow servant kindly didn't admit that :o) ).  God meant and was determined to bring triumph over it.  And I'm glad He did it.  Thank you, Father.


This is one of the many strings of rebuking events that God brought to my attention:


The Power of Words

A careless word may kindle strife;
A cruel word may wreck a life.
A bitter word may hate instill;
A brutal word may smite and kill.
A gracious word may smooth the way;
A joyous word may light the day.
A timely word may lessen stress;
A loving word may heal and bless.

Author Unknown

Oh boy oh boy, what a constant work in progress I am!  Many temptations will come my way in the future.  But I'm just rejoicing of the one triumph God just brought for me and will continue to trust Him my future.

May this be a blessing.

No comments: