Friday, April 09, 2010

DEAR MY FELLOW CHURCH WORKERS

In my quest to clean up my Inbox, I ran into the following email I sent to Brothers and Sisters who served together with me in English Service last year.  I sent this at the beginning of 2009.  If you're really close to me, you probably had heard enough of my struggles in this ministry by the end of last year.  

Well, this year is no exception either.  But I praise the Lord for the blessing of the wise mother in law (Mamih Santi).  My trip to Indonesia last October was a life-changing moment.  Being around Mamih, talking to her about her ministry at Church, testifying how she constantly seeks God for every decision she has to make as a Deacon, and watching her wisdom in action rebuked me.  I lost myself in the struggles of my ministry last year.  And Mamih was God's deliverance that came just in time to rescue me and prepare me for 2010.  But other fellow Church workers may not have the same privilege like me - blessed with such a role model like Mamih.  So I thought I would share my devotion that I emailed out over a year ago.


The Bible says in Genesis 1:28: "...Fill the earth and subdue it..."  It is clear that God intends for us to multiply and fill the earth -- not only through the new family that we build but also through our ministry.  When filling the earth, we will run into diversity -- in culture, language, belief, preferences, and even opinions.  It is not by mistake that each one of us has been orchestrated to serve together this year.  Of course differences are inevitable when we live and serve in a community.  My encouragement to all of us this year is to "subdue" these differences under the influence of love and prayer!

Our prolonged frustration is just another proof that we need God's Divine power to intercede for our weaknesses.  As we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.  As we sit and out of speech to pray, the Spirit will groan the words that we cannot express.  We have already been more than conquerors in God's eyes the moment we accepted His call in this ministry.  (Romans 8:18-28) 
 
So lift up our Spirit for the adventurous year!!!  We're in it together (just like my husband always tells me)!   :o)



May this be a blessing in whatever struggles you are facing in your ministry!

No comments: