Wednesday, November 14, 2012

DAY 14 #21DAYSGRATITUDE

One more week to Thanksgiving?  Really?  Wahooo.

Today is another day that made me pause to be grateful for the opportunity to be a stay-at-home mom/wife.  I thank the Lord for the opportunity to be a mother which was the major trigger of my staying home.  I also thank Papahroo for allowing and encouraging me to stay home while he be the bread winner.

There are so many things that make up this season in my life so much more to be thankful for:

  • Preparing breakfast for Papahroo to take to the office.  Though breakfast is free and yummier at the office, Papahroo rarely gets a chance to step away from his desk/meeting room and enjoy them due to his packed schedule.  It is always my joy to get a thank-you kiss in the morning and an empty container when he gets home.
  • Bathing Babyroo at different time of the day.  With an active baby who loves to move about, touch everything, and feed himself, the end of the day is sometimes a little too late to keep him clean and comfortable.  And bathing him altogether is often easier than spot cleaning him.
  • Cuddling Babyroo ... who when his naps get interrupted would enjoy the endless cuddle from me.  His need of me along with his soft and fluffy body make me forget about the clean dishes to unload, the laundry to fold, and the floor to clean.
  • Picking up Papahroo at the office when he misses his shuttle.  Something we could treasure because of the single car.  
The list can go on and on.  I am again just really grateful to God and Papahroo for letting me be available for my family when they need me.  Last but not least, I am grateful for Papahroo and Babyroo who allow me to serve their needs.

May this be a blessing!  Until tomorrow!

Read Day 13

No comments: